A few years go I wrote a series of articles for The Java Ranch Journal entitled “Small and Simple Web Applications – the Friki Way”. The series showed an example of developing a very simple wiki (collaborative editable web site) in Java using Test-Driven Development (TDD) and a form of agile project management.
From time to time I refer someone to these articles but it has been tedious to find and gather all the individual article links. This post contains those links, so I can just give out a single URL in future.
- Part 1 – the problem and ways of looking for solutions
- Part 2 – starting the coding and reducing stress
- Part 3 – user requirements and build/test automation
- Part 4 – more coding and making a deployable web application
- Part 5 – delivering the first iteration
- Part 6 – improving the application
Unfortunately I never got around to continuing the series beyond that point. Maybe one day I should …